Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Benelli MP90/95 extractor.

4 posters

Go down

Benelli MP90/95 extractor. Empty Benelli MP90/95 extractor.

Post by Mike38 Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:21 pm

Training today with both Benelli's, the .22 and the .32. Did fairly well with the .22, so decided to get the .32 out of the pistol box. Five shots of slow fire, all in the black. Okay, let's keep it going. Looked down at the bench to change mags and saw the extractor hook laying there. Looked at pistol, yep, it popped out. Found the plunger, but of course couldn't find the spring. So I thought, what the heck, keep firing slow fire, I could use the experience. Next five shots functioned fine. Switched over to timed fire. Ten shots, flawless ejection and feed. Continued on with the remainder of a box of 50, still flawless. I guess the extractor on a Benelli .32 wadcutter is really not needed? Anybody else found this on a Benelli? Anyhow, if during a match and your extractor pops out on your Benelli .32, keep shooting, it's not needed. Need to extract a live round for some reason? No problem. I always have a small screwdriver out for sight adjustments, and it's easy to remove a live round because of the rimmed case. Extractor? Who needs a stinking extractor?  What a Face
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Benelli MP90/95 extractor. Empty Re: Benelli MP90/95 extractor.

Post by rich.tullo Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:58 am

I would fix it but like the Congress, it has a title and does less then you think. However when the chamber is dirty the extractor comes into play.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike38 Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:26 pm

I'm going to intentionally not clean the chamber on my .32 for another 50 rounds as a test to see if it will make a 90 round match without an extractor. On the .22, even with a functioning extractor, I have to brush the chamber every 20-30 rounds to keep it running smooth. It's the only complaint I have on these Benelli's. You must keep those chambers clean. Other than that, I love the fit, feel, and balance.
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:37 pm

MAybemaybe it’s time a gunsmith worked on your gun

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Don Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:29 pm

I think you will find that a lot of blowback operated guns will function without the extractor; until you need to clear a loaded round.
Dr.Don
Dr.Don

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike38 Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:55 am

Shot another 50 rounds through my "extractorless" Benelli .32 wadcutter this morning. Brushed the chamber and relubed with a few drops of oil at 50 and 70 rounds, which is typical for me. 100 rounds total, not a failure of any kind. For this pistol anyhow, I'd say it's safe to shoot without an extractor.  I did stop shooting with a loaded round in the chamber twice as a test to see if there was any difficulty making the line safe in the middle of a string because of unforeseen emergencies. Just lock the bolt back and pop the round out with a small screwdriver I always keep close by for sight adjustments. No problems. One thing I did notice, the empties are much closer to me. With the extractor, most of the empties land at 4:00 about 15-20 away. Now they are half that distance away. Yours may be different, but for this one, I'm leaving it "extractorless".
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down