Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need feedback on Walther GSP scope mounts.

4 posters

Go down

Need feedback on Walther GSP scope mounts. Empty Need feedback on Walther GSP scope mounts.

Post by zanemoseley Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:55 pm

I just won an auction for a LH Walther GSP combo in 22 & 32.

I've seen the scope mounts made by Champions Choice, Earls and BME that utilize the rear sight mounting holes to secure the rail with a pair of pins. Doesn't really seem like the most secure and have heard it can enlarge the holes over time.

So anyone have pictures of an alternate mounting method, looking for ideas. I've emailed Jon about drilling and tapping for a split rail setup that would have a portion of rail both in front and behind the rear sight, the rear portion would need to be shorter than the front. I may even just go with a small section in the rear and use a micro style mount. We're also trying to keep the scope weight as far back as possible.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Need feedback on Walther GSP scope mounts. Empty Re: Need feedback on Walther GSP scope mounts.

Post by atrfod Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:35 pm

My .22 top end has been drilled and tapped for a single short Weaver base behind the rear sight.I bought it that way,so I don't know who did the work.It works well and is solid.My .32 upper has one of the bases that replace the rear sight.I bought it that way as well,so I'm not sure who made it.Seems to be solid enough.For what the sight replacement mounts cost,I'd just go ahead and drill and tap for a set of Weaver bases and be done.It's not like a couple of well done,threaded holes will ruin the fine aesthetics of our Teutonic paper punches.-Mike

atrfod

Back to top Go down

Need feedback on Walther GSP scope mounts. Empty Re: Need feedback on Walther GSP scope mounts.

Post by zanemoseley Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:54 pm

Mike, any chance you could take a picture of the 22 for me. If you'd rather email it to me just PM me and I'll get you my address. Thanks for the feedback.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:47 pm

I have the rear sights that you describe, are mounted in the rear, on both my GSPs. I’ve not had any issues with them, I like the location as well since the GSP seems a bit nose heavy.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by Axehandle Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:23 am

I run the Champion's Choice mount on my GSP-C.  Seems pretty solid but I've never shot it much.   Planning to go back to irons
Need feedback on Walther GSP scope mounts. NaGyZzd

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:01 am

gregbenner wrote:I have the rear sights that you describe, are mounted in the rear, on both my GSPs. I’ve not had any issues with them, I like the location as well since the GSP seems a bit nose heavy.
So your dot is 100% behind the stock rear sight? I just bought some of the Primary Arms micro dots that I plan to use. Can you still see the rear sight over the rail or do you have to remove the rail if you want to use irons? I don't plan on using irons but you never know. Could you post some pictures? Thanks

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by atrfod Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:46 am

I run a Bushnell TRS-25 100% behind the rear sight on the .22 and another one right over the sight on the .32.I'll try to get some pictures of the Weaver mount set up on the .22 this weekend.It's not sighted in yet,so pulling the optic is no big deal.Those Micro Dots should work well.-Mike

atrfod

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:33 am

zanemoseley wrote:
gregbenner wrote:I have the rear sights that you describe, are mounted in the rear, on both my GSPs. I’ve not had any issues with them, I like the location as well since the GSP seems a bit nose heavy.
So your dot is 100% behind the stock rear sight? I just bought some of the Primary Arms micro dots that I plan to use. Can you still see the rear sight over the rail or do you have to remove the rail if you want to use irons? I don't plan on using irons but you never know. Could you post some pictures? Thanks
I think mine are the same as the ones that axe handle posted in his pic.  I use Burris FF3 sights mounted towards the back of the short rail. I’ll try to post a pic later today.  Not sure about the iron sights, I think I took them off. I never shoot with irons on them.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down