Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S&W 52-2 with BME mount and Aimpoint Micro

5 posters

Go down

S&W 52-2 with BME mount and Aimpoint Micro Empty S&W 52-2 with BME mount and Aimpoint Micro

Post by djw1cav Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:24 am

I currently have an Aimpoint H2 mounted on my S&W 52-2 with a grip mount.  I have been using this combination for over a year and cant get used to the grip mount.  I have a BME dovetail mount that I want to try but I am concerned about making a change while my winter league is going on.   Does anyone have an Aimpoint Micro attached to their Model 52-2 with a BME dovetail mount?  If so;
1.  Does it ever loosen?
2.  Did you have to change your load or recoil spring to account for the extra weight on the slide?
3.  Did you have any other issues with this combination?
djw1cav

djw1cav

Back to top Go down

S&W 52-2 with BME mount and Aimpoint Micro Empty Re: S&W 52-2 with BME mount and Aimpoint Micro

Post by dronning Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:40 am

djw1cav wrote:1.  Does it ever loosen?
2.  Did you have to change your load or recoil spring to account for the extra weight on the slide?
3.  Did you have any other issues with this combination?
djw1cav
Three of us that shoot together have the BME mount.  Mine ran with no issues.
1. One gun the sight came loose, loctite solved it.
2. One of us had a hell of a time getting the gun to run, both springs and load change were required.  His gun was a very tight low round count gun AND we were shooting winter leagues and the temps are often in the 40's.  His powder may have been temp sensitive too, I don't remember.
3. No other issues that I know of, only one of us (not me) shoots theirs more than occasionally.
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

S&W 52-2 with BME mount and Aimpoint Micro Empty Re: S&W 52-2 with BME mount and Aimpoint Micro

Post by djw1cav Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:58 am

Three of us that shoot together have the BME mount.  Mine ran with no issues.
1. One gun the sight came loose, loctite solved it.
2. One of us had a hell of a time getting the gun to run, both springs and load change were required.  His gun was a very tight low round count gun AND we were shooting winter leagues and the temps are often in the 40's.  His powder may have been temp sensitive too, I don't remember.
3. No other issues that I know of, only one of us (not me) shoots theirs more than occasionally.
- Dave

Dave,
Thanks for your reply.  I will definitely use Loctite.  My gun is well used and not tight so that is in my favor.  My winter league is indoors so temperature will not be an issue.  I am starting to feel a little better about trying this.
Thanks again,
DJW1CAV

djw1cav

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:07 am

Use the green Loctite. No problem since using it.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by djw1cav Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:52 pm

LenV wrote:Use the green Loctite. No problem since using it.

Len
Len,
Did you let the green Loctite wick in or did you apply it to the screws before assembly?
djw1cav

djw1cav

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:56 pm

I let it wick. It is so thin it looks like it does not want to stay on screws. BME sends you directions and advice.
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by djw1cav Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:03 pm

LenV wrote:I let it wick. It is so thin it looks like it does not want to stay on screws. BME sends you directions and advice.
Thanks Len,  
I have Loctite red and blue but will go out and buy some green this afternoon.
djw1cav

djw1cav

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAces Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:26 pm

I have a BME and Matchdot on my M52. Used purple Loctite (minimum strength). No issues after three years of use.
AllAces
AllAces

Back to top Go down

Post by Multiracer Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:38 pm

I have a Primary arms micro dot on a dovetail BME mount. I have shot it most of the summer outdoors in center fire with no issues thus far.
Ron

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down