Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows

+37
Packeagle
samtoast
oldsalt444
SaraiEsq
smdial
Pinetree
lee212
AnthonyJ
Jblaw
"plq"
kruppd
Dockokol
chefmossy
SingleActionAndrew
mspingeld
Spurls
dpelletier
hotshot9
chopper
WillH
orpheoet
Rotwang
Ed Hall
mikemyers
jm7480
bullseye67
SonOfAGun
SteveT
Deerspy
PhotoEscape
mikemargolis
TonyH
TomH_pa
Oleg G
Thin Man
james r chapman
-TT-
41 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows - Page 5 Empty Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows

Post by -TT- 11/13/2020, 9:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

https://bullseyematch.app

Over the past few years, and with the help of my team and others, I've developed a new app to run the audio and timing for our bullseye matches, as well as other scoring and training functions. With the pandemic situation, as well as the recent non-availability of other apps, I feel it's time to do my part to help promote our sport.

So I'm releasing Bullseye Match, a free app which runs on Android, iOS and Windows. It looks and runs nearly identically on all three, with only small feature differences depending on platform. I truly hope everyone can run it, and enjoy it.

As of today, the Android, iOS and Windows versions are up and available on the app stores, in all markets worldwide.

Click: Links to store downloads for all platforms

Feel free to discuss here! I'm looking forward to hear what you all have to say about it, and suggest for its future.

The web page has a lot more information, including usage guide, privacy policy, history and device/OS requirements etc. Here's the pitch from bullseyematch.app

Bullseye Match performs the range officer operations for a course of Precision Pistol. It plays Prep, Slow fire, Timed and Rapid fire range calls for a "300" Gallery or full "600" or "900" Aggregate relay. It is designed to be simple and intuitive for shooters. It can be used for training, timing, or to run an entire match.

Tapping the target plays each string, and the match moves forward automatically. The calls play with regulation timing, followed by the start signal. It counts down the time, plays the stop signal and closing calls, then advances to the next round. If you finish early, tap the target to finish or cancel the round. Another tap begins the next relay, until all stages are fired.

Buttons indicating the upcoming round can be used to skip, replay or change the sequence manually. The buttons will slide to display the match clearly and make selection easy. Timer functions are available for self-timing, drills, and match preparation.

The app also provides a scoring calculator for B2, B3, B6, B8 and B16 targets, with ring scores, X count and Alibi corrections. It can capture photographs of scored targets, watermarking them with the date, time and any scoring information.

All types of audio are supported, including bluetooth, and mixed with any other streams, so it can be used while listening to other audio, if desired. Selfie-type clickers for remote control work too, great for use in club matches!

Target turning can also be controlled from the app. The PTTC Personal Target Turning Controller from Freedom Technologies is supported, initially.

And:

Bullseye Match is FREE and without ads.

We hope you enjoy using it, which was developed with the team at Riverside Gun Club. The author enjoys sharing it with the bullseye community everywhere. Please use it to support bullseye shooting activities!

Last edited by -TT- on 11/14/2020, 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
-TT-
-TT-

Steve Brown, Aprilian, TonyH and lakemurrayman like this post

Back to top Go down

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows - Page 5 Empty Re: Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows

Post by -TT- 7/2/2021, 1:24 am

mikemyers wrote:It's not urgent, but it would be nice to have a setting to provide a longer time to load ammo, perhaps because someone like me is using a revolver.  It takes seconds to insert a magazine.  It takes several more to load five chambers.

No hurry, just a useful addition for people who shoot revolvers.

In every way, it is a WONDERFUL app.  Well thought out, easy to use, and works great with my iPhone on the shooting table as I practice slow fire and more importantly, rapid fire.  Thank You!!!

I added a "pause" function in the previous release which can partly handle this. When the "Is the line ready?"/"The line is ready" calls are being played, the "cancel" message changes to "pause". Touching the screen will interrupt with "The firing line is NOT ready" and wait for a second tap. We use it all the time when someone has a loading issue.

I'm a bit reluctant to add an settings value for this, it's kind of a special case. Right now, the calls are all three seconds apart. I have found that shooters get testy when these timings are changed Wink I'll think about a simpler way. I'm open to suggestions!
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows - Page 5 Empty Re: Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows

Post by -TT- 7/2/2021, 1:35 am

SteveT wrote:Thank you for your efforts. Our sport is better because of you 

You're welcome and thank YOU all. It's an honor to contribute to the sport we love.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 7/2/2021, 12:35 pm

-TT- wrote:I've queued an update to the three app stores, hopefully it will appear before the holiday.

Version is 2.3 build 117.

It's a maintenance release, just a few improvements:

- Added a counter to repeating shot drills display (thanks Oleg for the suggestion!)
- More information displayed when errors prevent turning target
- Bugfixes for
  - possible audio dropouts over bluetooth in a couple of cases
  - address some rare exceptions and crashes

July 2 morning update - the Android version is available in the Google Play Store and Windows version in the Microsoft Store.

Still waiting for Apple to start their store review process. BTW, the app runs on the new M1 Macs, I tested it on my Mini! As well as iPhone and iPad of course.

Afternoon update - available on all three app stores. Enjoy.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by lee212 8/9/2021, 11:12 am

Thanks.

lee212

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 8/12/2021, 11:41 am

I released an update, version 2.4 build 119, it's in the app stores now.

No big changes, but some fixes to small audio issues. There were some timing hiccups in the intro calls, and sometimes the initial "this" was cut off on bluetooth speakers.

Also, after talking with some seasoned callers, I've added a few seconds to the pause after "load". Still thinking about how to give Mike even more time for loading his revolver Smile

The cadence is much smoother now, I think. Feedback is welcome.
-TT-
-TT-

SingleActionAndrew and RoyDean like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew 8/19/2021, 3:39 am

I appreciate the app and use it frequently.

Each time I use it I wish there were an option for Signals to use "Fire" and "Cease Fire" commands instead of a tone or short buzzer. If you have an opportunity to add this I'd appreciate it.
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 8/19/2021, 1:04 pm

SingleActionAndrew wrote: I wish there were an option for Signals to use "Fire" and "Cease Fire" commands instead of a tone or short buzzer.

So, this is something I've considered in the past, but decided not to. I'd welcome more input on it.

The rulebook section 10.7 does allow the phrases "Commence firing" and "Cease firing" to start and stop a course of fire. But:

- I've never heard any range officer do this for all courses of fire, except to call "cease firing" in an emergency.
- Practically speaking it's only for slow fire, since registered outdoor matches require turning targets for timed and rapid per section 6.7.
- They take significant time to utter. Inevitably, this leads to a discussion on the line when some individual lights off a late shot and protests saying "the signal hadn't finished sounding!".

Do people commonly use this kind of start/stop command? Is it a good thing to encourage, by adding it to the app? Personally I guess I'm skeptical.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall 8/19/2021, 2:35 pm

I use "Commence Firing" only at the start of Slow Fire and only when there is no other signal.

I use "Cease Firing" for every string whether there is another signal or not.  For turning targets and buzzers, etc., I say "Cease Firing" after the event, prior to asking about refires.

I agree, the longer the signal, the more controversy, however the cease firing signal must be long enough to be heard if it coincides with a shot.

I would not add them to the app as an alternate signal for sustained firing.  If added, I would only use them for Slow Fire.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall 8/25/2021, 1:05 pm

We finally had our Long Lake Black Bear Annual Championship and I was able to put the scoring portion of the app to practical testing. I even got to a point where I could look at the scorecard, form a series of counts, enter all the counts on the appropriate buttons and compare the scores, in a pretty timely fashion.  I must admit that I have done enough scoring that for MA and HM scorecards, I am faster visually than using the app for individual targets, but the app can keep track of the overall score a little better and for the other classes, it was definitely helpful.  I kept thinking of the saying, "This is the cat's meow!"  The app worked great for my verifications and saved me some office time.

I did think of a couple things that would improve it even further for my use - the second is really minor.  I hope it isn't taken as nit-picky, but I'm mentioning it, anyway.

1) I'd like to see individual match scores along the way: Slow Fire Match, NMC, Timed, Rapid.  This helps when trying to resolve a mismatch of the full aggregate.

2) It's not that big a deal to swipe a few times, but when I clear scores, it would be nice if the screen jumped back to the first (Slow Fire) target.

Overall the app worked great in helping me get all the scorecards verified/corrected.

Thanks for a great app!

Ed Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 8/25/2021, 2:33 pm

Awesome, glad you found the scoring calculator useful! Try the "Alibis" function, I'm fairly proud of the way it works for showing the corrections, and making sure all shots are accounted for.  We've found it really helps our new shooters/scorers, both for checking the math and also for checking the common oversights like 9 (or 11!) shots, etc.

Hmm, I'll think about how to work out presenting individual match scores. The app does have the info to compute them internally, but there's also the issue of where to show them. The screen gets really crowded. To do it right may mean creating a new match scorecard page, which is not a bad idea, now you mention it...
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall 8/25/2021, 3:38 pm

I did notice and play with the Alibi button in the past, but for the stats I was doing, all that had already been taken into account and the scorecards just held the ten shot values for record.

As to showing the match scores, I would be fine with each one showing above or below the last target of that match.  I would not need/want them all at once.

Great work - Thanks!

Ed Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 8/28/2021, 1:02 am

I've been working on an update and it was fairly easy to add Ed's suggestion of reporting the scores of each match within the aggregate. I also got around to finishing some details I'd been planning for a while. It's still rough, but not too bad IMO. Ed, any feedback?

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows - Page 5 Scorec10
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall 8/28/2021, 1:35 pm

-TT- wrote:I've been working on an update and it was fairly easy to add Ed's suggestion of reporting the scores of each match within the aggregate. I also got around to finishing some details I'd been planning for a while. It's still rough, but not too bad IMO. Ed, any feedback?
Much more than I need, but the readily available full set of shots will help with finding any differences when validating.  I was expecting just a simple score shown with the last target, but this is much better.

Thanks for all the work.

Ed Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld 8/28/2021, 2:15 pm

Feedback? 278 out of 900?! yeah, I've got feedback...ED NEEDS TO WORK ON HIS TRIGGER CONTROL!

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 8/28/2021, 2:45 pm

Very Happy 

Here's another preview of what I'm working on. I'm "modernizing" the user interface, by simplifying the navigation around the app features. The core app screens are identical, but you don't have to go through top-of-screen buttons and popup menus any more. They're all under a single "hamburger" slide-out.

I have, so far, kept one extra button at the top, so it's easy to get to the score recording features during a match or practice. It's the "scoring" icon - the calculator, camera, and scorecard/upload/email all can be reached through it. It's a slightly different image, to reinforce that idea.

Some other small improvements too, still working on those. Hopefully I'll have it ready in September, for the Fall leagues!

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows - Page 5 Screen10
-TT-
-TT-

SonOfAGun likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld 3/27/2022, 1:07 pm

Thought of a new feature possibility: Variable timing drills. When a match is called by machine, the timing of the target turn is consistent but, when a human calls the line, there's a lot of variation. How about an option for variable speed drills i.e. have the buzzer/target turn vary anywhere between 2 and 4 seconds? I unconsciously tend to try to time my first shot but this can backfire with the variation and is a bad habit. This feature could train the shooter to react to the buzzer or target movement rather than some inaccurate sense of timing.

mspingeld
Admin

sayracin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 3/27/2022, 2:12 pm

I've considered this before. When I asked around, some shooters were so-so about the idea and nobody got excited. But I'm open to trying it.

The app actually has some "jitter" in the calls timing already. I didn't want it to be too robotic, and train shooters to expect a precise cadence. So the calls, and especially the beep, have a small amount of intentional randomness. I think this makes the app more human.

So, just the buzzer? And, a 4 full seconds late? That sounds extreme somehow.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld 3/27/2022, 2:19 pm

Maybe not 4 and each match director is somewhat consistent from target to target but the variation is substantial from director to director.

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 3/27/2022, 2:40 pm

Yes, plus the target turning is different everywhere, so even if the voice cadence is perfect, the targets may not be.

The rules call for three seconds from the end of "ready on the firing line". I can maybe imagine a drill with an optional 2.5->4.0 range. I'll ping you offline and maybe give you something to try. But it will take a while, the build environment I'm using was broken a couple of weeks ago by some kind of change between Microsoft Visual Studio and Apple Developer, and my planned update is hung up. Give me some time to get past that first.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 8/11/2022, 6:47 pm

I've released the 3.0 update, it's in all three app stores.

Dowload links and updated documentation are here, as usual:

https://www.bullseyematch.app/

Release notes overview:

BullseyeMatch version 3.0 (build 130)

Feature updates:
  Modern navigation with popups and sliding menus
  New scorecard screens with summary and convenient export
  New "quick calculator" for scoring single targets
  New in-app camera with alignment, zoom, and more
  Add President's Hundred match
  Support TenXTrainer target turning system

Fixes:
  Audio timing fixes
  Target turning refire compliance
  Fix crash when previewing/sending deleted photo
  Storage write permission removed (no longer needed)
  Improved screen tap action for start/stop/cancel

App compliance:
  Update to latest Store and Privacy requirements
  Supported platforms:
    Android 5 through 12 (and up), also Chromebook
    iOS 10 through 15 (and up)
    Windows 10 18362 through Windows 11 22000 (and up)

Note, I was forced to drop support for Android 4.4 (KitKat) and iOS 9 (the iPhone 4S is therefore no longer supported). This was necessary because some of the libraries I use to build the app don't support these older OS'es. The 2.4 version should continue to be available to these phones, for at least a limited time. The app stores are twilighting certain old packages as a result of their (much) stricter security policies.
-TT-
-TT-

Thin Man and sayracin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 8/12/2022, 5:14 am

I just downloaded and installed on iPhone X.  Seems to work fine, but even with my volume turned up all the way, it isn't loud enough.  My hearing loss doesn't help either, but most things I play on my iPhone are much louder.

Is there a volume control in the app I haven't found yet?

Nicely done!!!!!!!!!     Can't wait until I can try it at the range....
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 8/12/2022, 12:02 pm

Hi Mike, I'll PM you offline but a couple of questions:
- iPhone? Android?
- Builtin speakers or bluetooth? Same issue on both?
- Any accessibility options enabled, for example Equalizer or Noise Cancellation?

There's no app volume, it just plays into the system pipeline. So it should respond to the usual side button changes.

BTW, there's a little extra time after the "Load" command now, for your revolver work. Smile
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 8/12/2022, 12:11 pm

Phone is older iPhone X, but it is fully up to date.
Only the built-in speakers.
As far as I know, no equalizer or noise cancellation.

I am using R1.

The "Sound Check" beep is audible.
It's the voice that sounds very low - no way to increase the volume in the app, that I can find.

Music plays normally.  

My hearing isn't that great anyway, but even in a quiet room, with the phone just in front of me, while the "beep" is audible, not so for the voice.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 8/12/2022, 12:27 pm

Interesting, good clue. The recordings didn't change (just some timings), so voice sound processing might be related.

If you have a bluetooth speaker or bt-enabled ear protection, or even earbuds, I'd love to know if you hear the same effect...
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotwang 8/12/2022, 3:35 pm

I have an iPhone13 with OS 15.6.  When I updated the app the firing sequences would start but then freeze.  I was running down a set of trouble shooting steps and eventually got it to work.  When I updated the app I had silent mode on and turning it off allowed the app to work.  It now works with silent mode on or off.

The commands have a low volume on my phone.  Running the Bluetooth ear buds seems to give a normal sound level.

Rotwang

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next