Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows

+37
Packeagle
samtoast
oldsalt444
SaraiEsq
smdial
Pinetree
lee212
AnthonyJ
Jblaw
"plq"
kruppd
Dockokol
chefmossy
SingleActionAndrew
mspingeld
Spurls
dpelletier
hotshot9
chopper
WillH
orpheoet
Rotwang
Ed Hall
mikemyers
jm7480
bullseye67
SonOfAGun
SteveT
Deerspy
PhotoEscape
mikemargolis
TonyH
TomH_pa
Oleg G
Thin Man
james r chapman
-TT-
41 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows - Page 4 Empty Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows

Post by -TT- 11/13/2020, 3:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

https://bullseyematch.app

Over the past few years, and with the help of my team and others, I've developed a new app to run the audio and timing for our bullseye matches, as well as other scoring and training functions. With the pandemic situation, as well as the recent non-availability of other apps, I feel it's time to do my part to help promote our sport.

So I'm releasing Bullseye Match, a free app which runs on Android, iOS and Windows. It looks and runs nearly identically on all three, with only small feature differences depending on platform. I truly hope everyone can run it, and enjoy it.

As of today, the Android, iOS and Windows versions are up and available on the app stores, in all markets worldwide.

Click: Links to store downloads for all platforms

Feel free to discuss here! I'm looking forward to hear what you all have to say about it, and suggest for its future.

The web page has a lot more information, including usage guide, privacy policy, history and device/OS requirements etc. Here's the pitch from bullseyematch.app

Bullseye Match performs the range officer operations for a course of Precision Pistol. It plays Prep, Slow fire, Timed and Rapid fire range calls for a "300" Gallery or full "600" or "900" Aggregate relay. It is designed to be simple and intuitive for shooters. It can be used for training, timing, or to run an entire match.

Tapping the target plays each string, and the match moves forward automatically. The calls play with regulation timing, followed by the start signal. It counts down the time, plays the stop signal and closing calls, then advances to the next round. If you finish early, tap the target to finish or cancel the round. Another tap begins the next relay, until all stages are fired.

Buttons indicating the upcoming round can be used to skip, replay or change the sequence manually. The buttons will slide to display the match clearly and make selection easy. Timer functions are available for self-timing, drills, and match preparation.

The app also provides a scoring calculator for B2, B3, B6, B8 and B16 targets, with ring scores, X count and Alibi corrections. It can capture photographs of scored targets, watermarking them with the date, time and any scoring information.

All types of audio are supported, including bluetooth, and mixed with any other streams, so it can be used while listening to other audio, if desired. Selfie-type clickers for remote control work too, great for use in club matches!

Target turning can also be controlled from the app. The PTTC Personal Target Turning Controller from Freedom Technologies is supported, initially.

And:

Bullseye Match is FREE and without ads.

We hope you enjoy using it, which was developed with the team at Riverside Gun Club. The author enjoys sharing it with the bullseye community everywhere. Please use it to support bullseye shooting activities!

Last edited by -TT- on 11/14/2020, 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
-TT-
-TT-

Steve Brown, Aprilian, TonyH and lakemurrayman like this post

Back to top Go down

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows - Page 4 Empty Re: Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows

Post by -TT- 12/1/2020, 11:13 am

I've added some possible future ideas for improving the app to the "Feedback" webpage. It captures some of the suggestions in this thread so far, and adds a few.

https://www.bullseyematch.app/feedback
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows - Page 4 Empty Re: Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows

Post by -TT- 1/4/2021, 12:38 pm

New Year, new update...

• 2.0 build 110 - 4 January 2021

• New feature: Export matches, scoring and photos via email, with .csv attachment!
    • New feature: Support for Target Turner System devices
    • Tap the indicator to turn target manually, when enabled
    • Fixed some popup alerts not showing
    • Fixed photo save failure on Android Q
    • Shot drills up to 20 seconds, with new animations
    • Add in-app feedback button in Settings
    • User interface refinements and improvements

It should appear soon in the app stores.

More info on the app website: https://bullseyematch.app

Comments, issues, etc are welcome!
-TT-
-TT-

SingleActionAndrew likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 1/5/2021, 9:00 pm

Just a couple of things:

- There are a couple of issues, which I'm fixing in new build 111
  - iOS build 110 export text formatting is ok on the builtin Apple mail, but appears on one looooong line if you use GMail.
  - iOS build 110 has some stability issues when popping alerts
  - Android build 110 mutes the ringer after a repeating shot drill, when Do Not Disturb is enabled

I've released build 111, which is already in the Android Play Store, and hopefully will hit the Apple App Store by tomorrow.

Another note for iPhone exporting: if you use a different email app from the builtin Apple mail, then to export from my app you need to set that email app to be your default email app for the phone. This can be found in the iPhone settings, at the end where it lists settings for each app (e.g. GMail). This is a one-time thing, but I'll try to make it easier in future.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 1/6/2021, 7:18 pm

The build update is now available in the Apple and Google stores. No idea what is the holdup with the Microsoft build 110 (it does not have the above issues btw), hopefully soon.

Sorry for the glitches!
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew 1/7/2021, 12:46 am

Working great, thanks!
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G 1/7/2021, 11:07 am

BUG REPORT:

Bullseye Match v2.0
iPhone 6S, IOS 14.2
When attempting to run a shot drill, I get the following message: "Exception. Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Shot drill function works great on Android.

Otherwise, it is a great piece of software. Many thank and keep up the great work.

Best Regards,
Oleg.
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 1/7/2021, 1:58 pm

Oleg G wrote:BUG REPORT:

Bullseye Match v2.0
iPhone 6S, IOS 14.2
When attempting to run a shot drill, I get the following message: "Exception. Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Shot drill function works great on Android.

Otherwise, it is a great piece of software. Many thank and keep up the great work.

Best Regards,
Oleg.

Yes, there is a bug, on iOS. I thought I posted about this - but now I don't see it, not even in my Drafts. Ugh I guess I fat-fingered.

Anyway:

There's a missing library component in version 2.0 (build 110). I fixed it just after releasing, but Apple didn't review until last night. Your phone may not have seen it yet.

To download manually, you can open the App Store on your phone, search for Bullseye Match, and download the latest. You should see version 2.0.1, build 111 and it's fixed!
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G 1/7/2021, 2:13 pm

Tested. All fixed now! Thanks!
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 1/8/2021, 5:55 am

The Windows version, build 110, has appeared in the Microsoft app store.

The next update will resynchronize the versions, I hope! It ain't easy pushing to three app stores. Sad
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows - Page 4 Empty Error message on Andrioid

Post by Dockokol 1/8/2021, 10:35 am

First, thank you for taking the time to build this app.  I really like it.  Just fyi.  When I try to use the photo capability I get a system error.  Samsung S10e.  If I did this right, there should be a word file attached.
Attachments
Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows - Page 4 Attachment
bullseyeapp.docx error messageYou don't have permission to download attachments.(111 Kb) Downloaded 4 times

Dockokol

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 1/8/2021, 11:14 am

Dockokol wrote:...When I try to use the photo capability I get a system error.  Samsung S10e.  ...

I know exactly what's wrong, but I can't explain why it's happening. The app believes your phone is running Android R, so the app is using an Android R-specific method to store the photo in the library, but the phone doesn't support the method.

Samsung phones have a reputation for being "different", and not always following the book. I'll contact you via PM.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 1/10/2021, 7:00 am

Still waiting to hear back, but FYI it looks like the Samsung 10E runs Android 10 ("Q"), and I fixed this in version 2.0. So, if you are running 1.3, updating the app will fix this. If you're running 2.0, I definitely want to investigate.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows - Page 4 Empty BullseyeMatch app on I-Phone 8

Post by kruppd 1/26/2021, 9:37 pm

I have installed the app on an I-Phone 8 and am using it blue toothed to a Sony speaker and it works great so far.

kruppd

Back to top Go down

Post by "plq" 1/27/2021, 6:02 pm

well done - thanks for making this available.

2 Questions

- has there been any thought of putting the codebase up on github, either for contributors or public distro?
- have you come across any computer vision libraries appropriate to target analysis? I know that scoring would be pretty challenging, but measures like group size should be easier.

"plq"

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 1/27/2021, 8:14 pm

plq wrote:well done - thanks for making this available.

2 Questions

- has there been any thought of putting the codebase up on github, either for contributors or public distro?
- have you come across any computer vision libraries appropriate to target analysis? I know that scoring would be pretty challenging, but measures like group size should be easier.

I might consider github someday, but not right now. By "public distro", you mean non-appstore type install? That would be nice, if it weren't so darn impossible for iPhone users to benefit. The alternative Android places have already been caching it for download, for folks who trust that kind of thing.

Target analysis is probably outside my goals for the app. I'm maybe thinking that target recognition (bullseye circle detection) might help framing for the target photographing it already does, but that's a little ways off in the priorities.

I use the excellent "TargetScan" app on my phone, it's a paid app but relatively low cost and it does a great job of scoring and group analysis. My app takes photos with enough resolution to allow them to be ingested by TargetScan, and scored, and because they're stored in the device photo album, this is pretty easy to use. That's a one-way thing, but I might consider working with that app to send a target to it for scoring, then take back the scores. But I'm not sure how useful or popular that might be. Thoughts?

A new feature or two are coming in the next release that might be interesting too... stay tuned!
-TT-
-TT-

"plq" likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 2/10/2021, 11:18 am

I've pushed an update to version 2.1 build 115 today, which should be filtering its way through the app stores (might take a day or two, they're slow lately).

Here's the "What's New":
• Updated call scripts, improved sound clarity
• Photo capture update, better resolution and compression
• Tap to pause/resume during line ready calls
• New beta feature: submit scoring to web-based services
• Bugfixes and user interface refinements

Some details on those:

- The audio clips have been updated, Arny now says "shooters to the line" only on the very first string, and the "Load" commands are now the regulation "Load" for slow and "With five rounds, load" for timed and rapid.

- "Is the line ready?" / "The line is ready" calls can be paused and resumed, if a shooter signals it. Arny announces "The line is NOT ready" and the app pauses the calls. On another click, it loops back to "Is the line ready?". A screen tap, or the remote clicker, works for this.

- The audio has been lightly remastered, I think the quality sounds better, while they still keep that "range depth" (because that's where they were recorded!). My thanks to forum member SonOfAGun for his helpful advice on these!

- Audio timing is tighter. Sound hardware injects delays, especially across iOS, Android, etc and with Bluetooth. The app adapts to this and has much more consistent call cadences now.

- The target photo capture has been updated internally, to avoid issues on certain platforms. As a bonus, the resolution is better (up to 1600x1600) and the jpeg compression is too.

- There's a new feature to submit calculator scores to web-based scoring services. Initially, I'm working with a shooter who has developed BullseyeTracker, which is used by several local leagues. Definitely check it out! Anthony's webpage has a Contact Us form.

- I've found and fixed several bugs and small glitches, including a tiny number of crashes that the Android version seems to have hit. Nobody has reported them so I can't be positive, but I think I've addressed the problem. If the app pops an error or mysteriously exits, especially after entering a score manually when taking a photo, please let me know.

Enjoy!
-TT-
-TT-

Jblaw, SonOfAGun, AnthonyJ and SingleActionAndrew like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jblaw 2/10/2021, 7:23 pm

My league uses BullseyeTracker. Anthony is one of my teammates. It makes scoring and analytics for the teams and league pretty smooth and easy. We used to use carbonless type forms. Now keeping track of averages over time, including improvements etc. is great. Each shooter in the league can simply log in and see everything on their dashboard. Hopefully other leagues see what it has to offer and give it a try.

I first saw your post on over on Target-talk and now I’m using both your app and Anthony’s app. A few have already used the calculator/scoring feature so I can timely enter their scores to BullseyeTracker each week after matches.

Thanks to both of you for developing these apps and thanks for collaborating.

Jblaw

AnthonyJ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AnthonyJ 2/10/2021, 7:46 pm

Thanks for the plug, -TT-! It was, and is, a pleasure working with you on this. I love your app, and am thrilled at the opportunity to collaborate.

I used the new upload option just this morning for one of my matches. Am pumped to have finally used the integration "live!"

For anyone interested in BullseyeTracker, just give me a shout. I'm hosting a summer postal league this year which will be an easy way for folks to try out the app and see what it's all about (while staying active in the summer months).

AnthonyJ

SingleActionAndrew likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 3/16/2021, 11:45 am

New update: Version 2.2 build 116

• Support for app "shortcuts": Match, Drill, Timer and Score
  • Workaround for high sound latencies and certain errors
  • Revised Slow Fire load call

It should appear on the three app stores soon (already showing on Google Play fyi)

Some details:

1) The shortcuts are a new feature you access by long-pressing the app icon on your phone, or right-clicking on Windows. It pops up a menu for quick access to some major app functions. The "Timer" and "Score" ones are especially handy while shooting a match!

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows - Page 4 STv0N0pW37F6eZnOUrO58Z-TL_MHgM0D7351LZeLd_wV91hpJkz4sQzn7AeAa1BkE088xKnCZRPUyYV8prArQHFRzPRfwgaOn1neF--VPG_6CAzLbGLi0Ym8P3SR1T3kDw=w1280

2) The workarounds are for some rare errors where the sound can lag on some devices. No two devices are ever quite the same, and the app tries to adapt so it plays calls with regulation timing. If the device lag were way too high, version 2.1 would throw an error. Now, it pops a notification and continues to play. Calls may be a little laggy, but they'll still proceed. If you happen to see this (it's rare), please let me know!

3) I got a bunch of feedback that the Slow Fire one-word Load call was too abrupt and interrupted the flow. It's regulation, but Arny and I decided to modify it slightly. The Slow Fire load command is now "With up to ten rounds, load". Timed and Rapid are the same "With five rounds, load". Feedback via the app, web or this forum) is welcome.

Enjoy!
-TT-
-TT-

AnthonyJ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G 3/19/2021, 9:01 am

Thanks again for a terrific app! I am now using it with both my target turning controllers for live and dry fire training and it works exactly as advertised.

A feature request for the next version: It would be great to somehow have a count in the drill mode. This is especially useful for dry fire one-shot drills - knowing that you executed 10 dry fire one-shot drills is very helpful. 

Best Regards,
Oleg.
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 3/19/2021, 9:08 am

A drill count indicator is a good idea! Thanks for the suggestion.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by "plq" 4/13/2021, 2:54 pm

pls excuse my late reply - I'd missed your response.

by public-distro, I meant to distribute the code for users to build from via a repo like github. BUT that's not worth the trouble if you weren't otherwise supporting collaborators from the same context. And I can appreciate that's a lot of overhead Wink

I will check out Target Scan - thanks for the tip. FWIW I actually see shot group analysis as a more attractive feature than shot scoring. Because I can eyeball the score pretty quickly and doubt that their software is going to be able to pick-up tears reliably - but let's see.

As for group analysis - it's a fair questions as to whether even that would be worth your effort to integrate. Because I see that as primarily an offline activity. Meaning that you'd likely submit a group of targets after a range session to compile a sample set of results and perform some analysis. Real-time analysis would be neat, but far less valuable IMO.

If you ever decide to look at CV, feel free to message me - I've done a lot of work with computer vision and sensor integration on mobile devices - may be able to help w/ recommendations on where to look for code. The challenge is primarily in finding algorithms that are efficient on mobile processors and portable across a broad device range - at least for the class of solutions we're referencing.

-TT- wrote:
plq wrote:well done - thanks for making this available.

2 Questions

I might consider github someday, but not right now. By "public distro", you mean non-appstore type install?

I might consider working with that app to send a target to it for scoring, then take back the scores. But I'm not sure how useful or popular that might be. Thoughts?

"plq"

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 7/1/2021, 7:49 pm

I've queued an update to the three app stores, hopefully it will appear before the holiday.

Version is 2.3 build 117.

It's a maintenance release, just a few improvements:

- Added a counter to repeating shot drills display (thanks Oleg for the suggestion!)
- More information displayed when errors prevent turning target
- Bugfixes for
  - possible audio dropouts over bluetooth in a couple of cases
  - address some rare exceptions and crashes
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT 7/1/2021, 8:05 pm

Thank you for your efforts. Our sport is better because of you  Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows - Page 4 1710857839
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 7/1/2021, 8:07 pm

It's not urgent, but it would be nice to have a setting to provide a longer time to load ammo, perhaps because someone like me is using a revolver.  It takes seconds to insert a magazine.  It takes several more to load five chambers.

No hurry, just a useful addition for people who shoot revolvers.

In every way, it is a WONDERFUL app.  Well thought out, easy to use, and works great with my iPhone on the shooting table as I practice slow fire and more importantly, rapid fire.  Thank You!!!
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next