Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for low profile scope rings recommendations..

+2
BE Mike
Carlos Cancio
6 posters

Go down

Looking for low profile scope rings recommendations.. Empty Looking for low profile scope rings recommendations..

Post by Carlos Cancio Mon May 27, 2013 8:12 am

I want to replace the ultra dot scope rings with rings that would sit lower on the boreline. What do you guys use?

Thanks

Carlos Cancio

Back to top Go down

Looking for low profile scope rings recommendations.. Empty Re: Looking for low profile scope rings recommendations..

Post by BE Mike Mon May 27, 2013 2:26 pm

Do you have a 1" or 30mm UltraDot?
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Looking for low profile scope rings recommendations.. Empty Re: Looking for low profile scope rings recommendations..

Post by Carlos Cancio Mon May 27, 2013 4:50 pm

30MM Ultadots, thanks MIke.

Carlos Cancio

Back to top Go down

Post by fredw4 Mon May 27, 2013 9:55 pm

I am interested in this thread also. I have just finished breaking in a new Les Baer with factory open sights and trigger (it arrived at 4.75 Lbs +-). As an aside, I am wanting to have it properly drilled (to mount a Weaver style rail and a Matchdot II), as well as getting a trigger job. Count me in on lower/better rings for both the Baer and my Model 41 which already has the same optics. Yes, both are 30mm.

fredw4

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Tue May 28, 2013 8:33 am

This is what I use. I'm sure that there are lower rings out there for 30mm scopes. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/416175/burris-1-signature-zee-weaver-style-rings-matte-medium
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Don Tue May 28, 2013 9:18 am

My Clark wadgun has always been fussy about how much weight is put on the slide. I use the Ultradot supplied rings because I've never found anything lighter, and I never had trouble with them. Know what your gun will handle and be careful of weight; I've seen steel rings that together weigh as much as the ultradot itself. More weight requires a higher powder charge to function reliably and that adds to recovery time. It is all a matter of balancing things. The rings Mike uses above may work well for you, or may not; guns vary considerably.
Dr.Don
Dr.Don

Back to top Go down

Post by Colt711 Tue May 28, 2013 2:39 pm

I've used the burris rings and they are as low as you can get w/o a lot of research. The main advantages of the burris are; some adjustability for windage and holding zero when remounted.
The hooker is the burris are very little lower than those now in use. Little to gain here but some weight.
Ron

Last edited by Colt711 on Tue May 28, 2013 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : facilitate meaning)

Colt711

Back to top Go down

Post by ddivins Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:44 pm

I have the TPS Products TSR Rings. I have a slide mount and chose the low rings. Very happy with them.

-dsd

ddivins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down