Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a new slide blued, who does a good job?

+2
javaduke
Michael C
6 posters

Go down

I need a new slide blued, who does a good job? Empty I need a new slide blued, who does a good job?

Post by Michael C 7/19/2024, 9:26 am

I have a brand new carbon steel Caspian slide that is going to be a wad gun.  I have it drilled and taped for the Clark rail.  It’s just the basic brushed side flats and blasted round top.  I dont want it cerracoated as the frame it’s going on is stainless and it’s brushed flats and matte rounds and I am wanting that two tone look with a blue slide and a stainless frame.  The brushing on the slide perfectly matches the frame its going on.  Can anyone recommend someone?  Mike

Michael C

Back to top Go down

I need a new slide blued, who does a good job? Empty Re: I need a new slide blued, who does a good job?

Post by javaduke 7/19/2024, 10:23 am

Mike, I can do it if you can wait till mid-August, I'll be back home then. I do classic rust bluing, it's not hot salts but looks pretty much the same.

javaduke

https://eb-custom.us

Back to top Go down

I need a new slide blued, who does a good job? Empty Re: I need a new slide blued, who does a good job?

Post by Michael C 7/19/2024, 10:51 am

javaduke wrote:Mike, I can do it if you can wait till mid-August, I'll be back home then. I do classic rust bluing, it's not hot salts but looks pretty much the same.
Wow!  Thanks! Yes, I’m in no rush.  PM me when you’re back home and we’ll arrange it.

Michael C

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmysix 7/22/2024, 3:22 pm

All American Firearms Columbus Ga. The guys wife is an absolute artist when it comes to bluing.
Cmysix
Cmysix

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 7/22/2024, 7:15 pm

Michael C wrote:I have a brand new carbon steel Caspian slide that is going to be a wad gun.  I have it drilled and taped for the Clark rail.  It’s just the basic brushed side flats and blasted round top.  I dont want it cerracoated as the frame it’s going on is stainless and it’s brushed flats and matte rounds and I am wanting that two tone look with a blue slide and a stainless frame.  The brushing on the slide perfectly matches the frame its going on.  Can anyone recommend someone?  Mike

Gold medallion grips or minus 50 points.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael C 7/22/2024, 7:27 pm

john bickar wrote:
Michael C wrote:I have a brand new carbon steel Caspian slide that is going to be a wad gun.  I have it drilled and taped for the Clark rail.  It’s just the basic brushed side flats and blasted round top.  I dont want it cerracoated as the frame it’s going on is stainless and it’s brushed flats and matte rounds and I am wanting that two tone look with a blue slide and a stainless frame.  The brushing on the slide perfectly matches the frame its going on.  Can anyone recommend someone?  Mike

Gold medallion grips or minus 50 points.
JB that only applies to colts… this is a SA gun.  You put gold medallions on there and JMB come alive from the grave and chokes you out.  He’ll make you crossfire and have alibis.  No bueno.

Michael C

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick H. 8/1/2024, 7:48 am

I have used Glenrock Bluing with pretty good success.  If needed Google them up and give them a call.  They are great to deal with.

Rick H.

Rick H.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 8/1/2024, 1:40 pm

Glenrock is good.  I have an excellent CPC HS barrel that they blued
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down