Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any help with custom Pistol case organization

+3
Tripscape
SingleActionAndrew
lutzy
7 posters

Go down

Any help with custom Pistol case organization Empty Any help with custom Pistol case organization

Post by lutzy 7/20/2024, 11:48 am

So im putting together this small pistol case for my son, I had a old pelican type case laying around without any full foam, I installed a pistol mount holder that I also had laying around, I just need an idea how I can utilize the rest of the space to hold some accessories, IE; mags,ammo glasses & ammo. The space is 12x6 and 4” high. Some type of zippered divided bag im thinking? I’ll secure in to the case just like the pistol mount, I epoxied some 1” wide plastic stock to the case and then screwed down the pistol holder. Just cant find anything when searching around on the web. Thanks for any ideas. 

Any help with custom Pistol case organization ?hash=f362d7d2da520736c9aa207876ac7c79

lutzy

Back to top Go down

Any help with custom Pistol case organization Empty Re: Any help with custom Pistol case organization

Post by SingleActionAndrew 7/20/2024, 12:46 pm

What kind of competition does your son participate in?
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew
Admin

Back to top Go down

Any help with custom Pistol case organization Empty Re: Any help with custom Pistol case organization

Post by lutzy 7/20/2024, 1:31 pm

He’s just starting out.

lutzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape 7/20/2024, 2:49 pm

Wanted to throw it out there that if you need more foam this is the most cost efficiet at best density. Multiple layers and cut to size. You will have plenty left over.

http://amazon.com/Marcy-Interlocking-Waterproof-Equipment-Accessories/dp/B00076SPZO/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=37M4XV96JEU6P&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.S4medLobLrO1QIX_5sdj6iQxlqel

Tripscape

lutzy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lutzy 7/20/2024, 3:10 pm

I have about 50 of those tiles I took apart when I had a gym in my garage and I put them in the attic, even though my wife said throw them away, I said maybe ill use them one day., just like all the other stuff (junk) I refuse to throw away,. I can’t wait to tell my wife “See, I do have a use for them’ Thanks for that suggestion!

lutzy

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean 7/20/2024, 7:18 pm

I think it is called "high density, closed cell foam" typically used for HVAC enclosures and piping. Not usually in your local hardware stores, especially in the colder states.

For shooting glasses and lots of other bits, like batteries, small screwdrivers, glass wipes, eye drops, etc., look in Target for sterilite pencil cases. just a couple of bucks and they are perfect.

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape 7/20/2024, 9:44 pm

Unfortunately those squares are not closed cell. They are very high density though.  Closed cell is super expensive.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by gwhite 7/21/2024, 3:13 pm

I don't recommend my approach, but I thought I would throw it out there.  I got tired of using foam, which takes up a lot of space, and requires a lot of cutting & trimming to fit stuff.  Then, in 10 years or so, it deteriorates, and you get to start over.  

To use my technique, you need a suitable case, a 3D printer, and a LOT of time on your hands (think: pandemic).  I used an old Halliburton attache-style camera case I've lugged by pistols around in for 40 years.  Rather than having custom inserts for various pistols, I use Plano single pistol boxes, which are just big enough to hold a pistol and its magazines.  If I want to shoot a different pistol, I grab the appropriate Plano case out of the safe, and swap it into the camera case.  I made 3d printed compartments for most of the fiddly bits I always carry, including a cradle for my scope, timer, etc.  

Any help with custom Pistol case organization Pistol10

The scope uses a small photo ball joint with a "hot-shoe" mount on the bottom.  That slips onto a tab in a stainless plate attached to the camera case vis the handle screws.

Any help with custom Pistol case organization Pistol12

Last edited by gwhite on 8/10/2024, 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total

gwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 7/21/2024, 6:31 pm

I'll point out an advantage of gwhite's setup - you can open the case to fish out eyes/ears/etc without exposing the pistol. That can get quite awkward when the range does not allow it, total catch-22.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Packeagle 8/9/2024, 11:15 pm

Look into "DIY Trekpak" I made an apache case with this method and I was happy with it. I got a cool box awarded to me by my agency team and have switched to that for the cool factor (and added height).

Packeagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down