Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perry 2024

+4
chiz1180
james r chapman
javaduke
RoyDean
8 posters

Go down

Perry 2024 Empty Perry 2024

Post by RoyDean 7/20/2024, 8:43 pm

Completed my participation this afternoon.

Weather all week has been fantastic, a bit of wind earlier in the week. No rain. Wow! The newbies now all think that Camp Perry is easy! Hmmmmmm.....

CMP administration has been excellent. OK, Mr. Grumpy (thank you mbmshooter!) moaned about slightly slow registration on Sunday. And 22 day suffered a lot of interruptions. But, overall, truly an excellent job by the CMP Team.

Huge thanks to the many volunteer Range Officers, Stats folks and others who made it all happen like clockwork. Excellent. I told both Jim and Cathy on the line today that I doubt that anywhere in the world could match the speed of score posting that they achieved at Perry this year. Outstanding!

Despite my personal sad performance, the event was magnificent. Great job by all!

Thank you!!

RoyDean

SteveT, bruce martindale, sayracin, JHHolliday and MkFiji like this post

Back to top Go down

Perry 2024 Empty Re: Perry 2024

Post by javaduke 7/21/2024, 6:16 am

This was probably the smoothest Perry I've ever attended to! CMP did really great job this time. 
Yes, no excuses for my poorest performance...Sad

javaduke

https://eb-custom.us

bruce martindale likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 7/21/2024, 6:56 am

I registered on Tuesday with nobody in line. Just a thought for those not shooting practice day or SAF.

Glad they went back to alternating relay times. Helps even out the competition a bit, and reflected in the scores.

Greatly appreciated the single firing line! The simple pulling of one 25 yd rail to provide a walk thru was also appreciated by these old legs.

Range personnel performed admirably. 

New score cards (doubles) caused some confusion at first, but nothing even I couldn’t overcome. Forgot to transfer scores one time, wasn’t drawn and quartered. Thank you CMP!

CMP repeatedly instructed shooters on the alternating relay times, so if you read the program book and listened to the range towers you knew what to do.

Disappointing vendor row, but, Nelson had magazines, Shue had great jerky!

No ZERO’s that I could find!

Got some great tips on shooting, like smacking my dot after sight changes so it didn’t throw first shots. It actually worked! Something about settling the spring or such.

Anyway, met some great new shooters, many from the forum, had a great time in that fantastic July weather at Camp Perry!

Jim Chapman

Perry 2024 Img_6012
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

SteveT, mbmshooter and SingleActionAndrew like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 7/21/2024, 8:30 am

Week was good. Got to shoot with some friends, weather was fantastic. I think the improvements added over the last few years definitely helped things. I think check in seems to have a big influx of people then it is fairly relaxed, I had no line whatsoever when I arrived. Prelim day was slow (this complaint is made every year, and everyone is getting up to speed). 22 day it seemed like many didn't have a reliable 22, people also seemed to struggle with crossfires the most on 22 day. CF and 45 day ran smoothly and with a fraction of the delays of 22 day. P100, NTI, and NTT day was long, with 3 P100/NTI relays, but the weather was the best I have ever experienced for those matches. As Roy mentioned those working the line did a great job overall, as did the stats office and others behind the scenes. 

The scorecards were a bit different than in the past, I think finding a balance of a layout that allows the shooter to neatly fill in the values and allow the stats office the ability to enter quickly is an on going challenge. Especially when you have several course of fire, and team matches.

The random equipment selection check was far better than everyone having to cue up to the armors trailers for everything. 

Vender row still has not recovered to what it once was, many of the usually suspects where there, but some were also missing. I was able to find most of the things I was looking for (and a few surprise finds). 

It was a good year, glad to see friends have some good success on the line. I had a great deal of fun shooting, looking foreword to next year.
chiz1180
chiz1180

james r chapman and Grouse like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gustavo1957 7/21/2024, 7:28 pm

Is that Davis Besse Nuclear power plat on the horizon?

Gustavo1957

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 7/21/2024, 7:40 pm

Gustavo1957 wrote:Is that Davis Besse Nuclear power plat on the horizon?
Yes.

A good indicator of what the day is going to be like is to look at the Lake (Saturday it was glass) and look at the steam coming out of Davis-Besse.
john bickar
john bickar

james r chapman and Grouse like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gustavo1957 7/21/2024, 8:04 pm

Thought so. Worked there on night shift during an outage replacing 1st stage HP buckets. Had to freeze them in Liquid Nitrogen before getting the entire row on the wheel and driving the notch in less than 5 minutes.

During the day went to the CMP store and bought Garands and parts with my cousin, then bought him breakfast before he headed home.

Yup those were good working years. 

So glad to be retired.

Gustavo1957

mbmshooter, john bickar, bruce martindale and JimH like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wjwillia 7/22/2024, 2:46 pm

I'm looking forward to going next year, never been before.

wjwillia

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 7/22/2024, 7:18 pm

Gustavo1957 wrote:Worked there on night shift
I have to ask if the lead exposure kinda balances out the radiation exposure.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by WesG 7/23/2024, 1:26 am

john bickar wrote:
Gustavo1957 wrote:Worked there on night shift
I have to ask if the lead exposure kinda balances out the radiation exposure.
Nah. One rots the brain enough to make you ignore the other.

WesG

john bickar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 7/23/2024, 5:23 am

Perry 2024 424e8274-cfc9-470d-9d2e-eeaa48132beb
A.E.C shooting team!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down