Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sig Trailside/Xesse slide stop broke.

2 posters

Go down

Sig Trailside/Xesse slide stop broke. Empty Sig Trailside/Xesse slide stop broke.

Post by mnpics 10/8/2024, 12:24 pm

So the slide stop thingy just feel off. I have had a long saga of getting this fixed in the past with several trips to Larry Carter who is unfortunately no longer available for pistol repairs. I seem to remember a Torx screw that would tighten it up to the frame but it would eventually loosen up and not stop the slide. The slide also got very buggered up in the process. This was over 10 years ago and I just learned to hold the stop down with my thumb and count rounds. It looks like on its last trip to Larry's he peened over the outside end of the screw to hold it on place to provide enough tension to stay in place and also not be so tight as to not move up and down. 
After many, many years it just fell off. It looks like the inside screw head has worn away. Of course the rest of the screw is stuck in place. 

Anybody have any ideas to both replace the parts and maybe even get it to work as originally intended? Who is working on Trailsides these days? I did look up Red Feather and they have a 208 slide stop available but not a screw or trailside stop. Tried to call but no answer today, I'll call them back later.

mnpics

Back to top Go down

Sig Trailside/Xesse slide stop broke. Empty Re: Sig Trailside/Xesse slide stop broke.

Post by jglenn21 10/9/2024, 8:00 pm

I would suggest you call Walther USA(479-242-8500) and get extension 7 for parts..

part #s

2742924 slide stop screw
2249529  shim
2742926 slide stop spring
2742918 slide stop lever

these may be old part #s but were walther Xesse numbers ?

I use Vibra-tite reusable thread locker( vc3)  on the end of the screw.. it's more gummy than normal lock tite and will stay on the screw.
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Sig Trailside/Xesse slide stop broke. Empty Re: Sig Trailside/Xesse slide stop broke.

Post by mnpics 10/9/2024, 8:26 pm

That awesome! thanks, I'll call tomorrow!

mnpics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down