Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi-Tek Coated Bullets

5 posters

Go down

Hi-Tek Coated Bullets Empty Hi-Tek Coated Bullets

Post by beeser Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:24 pm

Last edited by beeser on Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

beeser

Back to top Go down

Hi-Tek Coated Bullets Empty Re: Hi-Tek Coated Bullets

Post by Virgil Kane Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:50 pm

Here ya go Beeser. Missouri Bullet Company

http://www.missouribullet.com/

From everything I have read the jury is still out on how well these things work.

Virgil

Virgil Kane

Back to top Go down

Post by beeser Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:58 pm

Last edited by beeser on Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

beeser

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:22 am

I really don't see the point for this unless your gun leads bad but they might be cleaner to load if the coating doesn't effect accuracy, would like to see some ransom rest tests with popular loads
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hi-Tek Coated Bullets Empty RE: coated bullets

Post by Dipnet Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:40 am

Beeser,
I've no experience with those bullets, but I've used another made by Precision Bullets (http://www.precisionbullets.com/store/), which may be using the same or similar coating technology. I can't give more information because I'm still testing them (specifically for a Pardini 45). They mic at 0.451 (you'd think a coated bullet would be 0.452). Dipnet
Dipnet
Dipnet

Back to top Go down

Post by GrumpyOldMan Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:02 pm

I read a whole bunch about the various hard plastic bullet coatings over on CastBoolits the past two years and really thought that the definitive word on bullseye level accuracy would have been derived by now.

Still looks like it's well proven for 3 inch groups at 25 yards, but I just don't find anyone posting about 2-inch groups at 50.

So I agree that the jury is still out as far as more demanding accuracy applications.

But for people willing to buy for IPSC/IDPA level accuracy, and the others who are willing to spend probably double or triple the time post-casting to process them*, they seem to be a good lead bullet alternative to lube, especially for those who just hate getting sticky fingers.

*Home-brew powder coating and spray paint epoxy and everything else I've looked into involves at least ONE step of lining the bullets up base-down on a tray, or nose-down in holes in a loading block type fixture, either to get baked or sprayed or both. Not sure if anyone has really gotten a process that lets you dump a batch in a barrel, roll 'em around, and then pour onto a metal screen to just dry off or get baked or whatever. TRUE bulk processing like that might be a time-saver compared to just casting and running through a lubri-sizer.

GrumpyOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down