Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electronic Targets for Pistol at CMP Range

+20
s1120
Vern
Jack H
dronning
Ed Hall
jmdavis
Skeet6
john bickar
Chris Miceli
Wobbley
Magnusbullets
DavidR
james r chapman
AllAces
C.Perkins
KenO
dennymac
bmize1
Sa-tevp
Axehandle
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Electronic Targets for Pistol at CMP Range  - Page 3 Empty Electronic Targets for Pistol at CMP Range

Post by Axehandle 2/28/2016, 4:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

The CMP range at Talledega ran a shakedown 2700 on 27 Feb on electronic targets...  The guys I've heard from had lots of positive things to say..

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

Electronic Targets for Pistol at CMP Range  - Page 3 Empty Re: Electronic Targets for Pistol at CMP Range

Post by Rob Kovach 3/7/2016, 12:10 pm

Were (are) the e targets usage going to have a disqualification if you have two frame hits. Is that written somewhere. Or is it speculation? The above quote indicates some sort of qualification.

That's one of the problems with the electronic target implementation. They aren't addressed in the NRA rules at all, and the CMP rules are....less than fully workable.

4. Concern over training on lights or turns. BS, adapt.

Adapt is one thing....we still don't have rules to know what e-target shooters are adapting to.

Also, are there going to be a whole different set of national records for e-targets? I say yes. That needs to be addressed BEFORE we start shooting matches on them.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Electronic Targets for Pistol at CMP Range  - Page 3 Empty Re: Electronic Targets for Pistol at CMP Range

Post by DavidR 3/7/2016, 3:51 pm

If it ever changes it will just change, same as from open sights to dots, its just called progress
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAces 3/11/2016, 7:08 am

What's the latest on drainage at Perry?  Do I need to bring my mud boots?
AllAces
AllAces

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 3/11/2016, 11:13 am

Rob Kovach wrote:Also, are there going to be a whole different set of national records for e-targets?  I say yes.  That needs to be addressed BEFORE we start shooting matches on them.  

They didn't reset the records when we went to optics, which I believe is/was a bigger deal than eTargets.  When you look at the records many from the '70's still stand.

- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by weber1b 3/11/2016, 11:56 am

AllAces wrote:What's the latest on drainage at Perry?  Do I need to bring my mud boots?

Better to have the mud boots and not need them than to need them and not have them. (easier said when you are driving there as opposed to flying)

weber1b

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 3/11/2016, 3:58 pm

Sale on waders aisle 4 lol! better get them before you go,
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAces 3/11/2016, 5:10 pm

I haven't removed the Perry mud from my boots from years past as it's considered lucky mud and improves your score.
AllAces
AllAces

Back to top Go down

Post by bdutton 5/11/2016, 9:08 am

FYI:

http://thecmp.org/coming-soon-highpower-electronic-targets-at-cmp-matches-outside-of-alabama/

In a matter of months, highpower rifle and pistol competitors around the country will be able to enjoy the same state-of-the-art electronic Kongsberg Target Systems (KTS) targets used at the Civilian Marksmanship Program’s (CMP) Talladega Marksmanship Park, without having to make the haul all the way to Alabama.
Camp Perry, Ohio:
On the Camp Perry Petrarca Range in Ohio, KTS targets for rifle, pistol and smallbore are currently being installed. The project is going according to plan and is within budget – with completion expected by the end of June for CMP use and those attending the National Matches.

This will be a limited number for use for training and testing.  (10 highpower, 5 pistol/smallbore)

Last edited by bdutton on 5/11/2016, 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added details)
bdutton
bdutton

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 5/16/2016, 11:28 am

Electronic targets to shoot at at Perry?? Sign me up!  I want to see how many times I can hit the frames! If they ask what I was doing I'll reply I was shooting Action pistol for a while.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3