Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giles High Standard

3 posters

Go down

Giles High Standard  Empty Giles High Standard

Post by mtlucas0311 Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:59 pm

I picked up a Giles High Standard last night. Unfortunately, at some point the frame cracked and was replaced with a bare Houston Victor frame. The original gun looks to have been a Trophy. I'm aware of dimensional problems with the early frames but that's about it. I don't really care about collectability, I just really like the old Giles and Clark Sr. guns and prefer them over anything else. Is there a resource for dating the Houston S/N's and when did they get the newer guns shooting good? The frame appears to have a slight purple hue to it in the pictures (at least it contrasts the rest of the parts) so maybe it's a stainless frame(?). Any info would be appreciated especially if anyone has a pistol with a replacement frame.

Regards,
Mike

mtlucas0311

Back to top Go down

Giles High Standard  Empty Re: Giles High Standard

Post by chopper Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:45 am

http://www.histandard.info/

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by s1120 Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:52 am

The raw stainless frames are the good ones from Houston. The early Houston frames were the ones that were out of specs, and they were replaced by the good raw stainless ones. Ive not shot one, but what I hear the raw stainless framed guns are great shooters!!!

s1120

Back to top Go down

Post by mtlucas0311 Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:24 pm

Thanks for the info and link. I heard back from the seller, it's not stainless. I guess I'll see how it shoots when it gets here.

Regards,
Mike

mtlucas0311

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down