Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvel Combo rail on a Nelson Conversion?

+4
Jack H
Jon Eulette
Chris Miceli
mpolans
8 posters

Go down

Marvel Combo rail on a Nelson Conversion? Empty Marvel Combo rail on a Nelson Conversion?

Post by mpolans 2/6/2018, 10:42 pm

Will a Marvel Unit 1 combo adjustable sight/scope rail fit on a Nelson conversion?

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Marvel Combo rail on a Nelson Conversion? Empty Re: Marvel Combo rail on a Nelson Conversion?

Post by Chris Miceli 2/6/2018, 10:50 pm

Call Larry Nelson new combo ribs comeing out

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Marvel Combo rail on a Nelson Conversion? Empty Re: Marvel Combo rail on a Nelson Conversion?

Post by Jon Eulette 2/6/2018, 11:04 pm

Hole patterns are different. Also can't remember but one will drag on top of slide and requires machining; Nelson to Marvel needs machined.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 2/7/2018, 1:39 am

With one new hole in the rail, remove the pin, and a little filing on the left corner by the breech, a Marvel rib will fit a Nelson.  I have 3 done now. 

Marvel Combo rail on a Nelson Conversion? Marvel12
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by JayhawkNavy02 2/7/2018, 2:15 pm

Chris MiceliCall Larry Nelson new combo ribs comeing out

I don’t think a Bo-Mar is in the future for the Nelson conversions.  It will be the same rear/front, but with a square blade to maintain the 1911 dimensions to ensure the conversion fits in a holster.  Larry mentioned the width was about .135 and .120 deep. Kensight Deep Notch Rear is 0.118" wide x 0.120" deep

Does anyone know if the Marvel the same weight or more than the Nelson?  I’m not sure if the sight rail is aluminum or steel.
JayhawkNavy02
JayhawkNavy02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 2/7/2018, 2:53 pm

Marvel rail is aluminum. 

A Nelson on my Les Baer frame with Marvel aluminum scope rail weighs the same as a AA on my RO frame with a steel scope rail.  Frames are different weight.

Last edited by Jack H on 2/7/2018, 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans 2/7/2018, 3:07 pm

I think someone at one point mentioned that Rock River Arms also made a combo rail for .22 conversions...does anyone know if that's (still) true, and if so, what conversions it fit?

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by robert84010 2/7/2018, 9:14 pm

A couple of people have posted that someone at Rock River makes steel optic ribs for Marvel conversions. I have one on a Marvel that I bought used here. I guess it is not in their catalog, have to call. search past postings, the contact guy has been posted.

robert84010

Back to top Go down

Post by Nelson Custom Guns 2/9/2018, 7:49 pm

JayhawkNavy02 wrote:Chris MiceliCall Larry Nelson new combo ribs comeing out

I don’t think a Bo-Mar is in the future for the Nelson conversions.  It will be the same rear/front, but with a square blade to maintain the 1911 dimensions to ensure the conversion fits in a holster.  Larry mentioned the width was about .135 and .120 deep. Kensight Deep Notch Rear is 0.118" wide x 0.120" deep

Our rear sight notch is actually .118" wide x .116" deep.  We only miss the Kensight Deep Notch Rear by about 0.004"
Nelson Custom Guns
Nelson Custom Guns

http://www.nelsoncustomguns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JayhawkNavy02 2/9/2018, 8:59 pm

Thanks for clarifying Larry!
Sounds like a win!
JayhawkNavy02
JayhawkNavy02

Back to top Go down

Post by spursnguns 2/12/2018, 10:43 am

Nelson Custom Guns wrote:
Our rear sight notch is actually .118" wide x .116" deep.  We only miss the Kensight Deep Notch Rear by about 0.004"
 Hello Larry,

When will the new "combo ribs" be hitting the website?

Jim
spursnguns
spursnguns

Back to top Go down

Post by Nelson Custom Guns 2/12/2018, 4:46 pm

spursnguns wrote:
Nelson Custom Guns wrote:
 Hello Larry,

When will the new "combo ribs" be hitting the website?

Jim
Soon....  I hope!

Prototyping is done, finishing up Solidworks now...  Production to begin soon after.  

We do have a couple of announcements that aren't on the website, yet:

1.  We ran a batch of mag loading tools in steel for use with the magnets on shooting boxes
2.  We have upgraded the coating on our sight/scope rails to Black Nitride.  

Larry
Nelson Custom Guns
Nelson Custom Guns

http://www.nelsoncustomguns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by spursnguns 2/12/2018, 4:59 pm

Thank you, Larry.

Please drop the forum a line when you do.

Jim
spursnguns
spursnguns

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down