Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini SP scope holding zero question

+3
JD Mahan
zanemoseley
robert84010
7 posters

Go down

Pardini SP scope holding zero question Empty Pardini SP scope holding zero question

Post by robert84010 10/21/2018, 7:19 pm

Does anybody have experience with using the dovetail rings holding zero after remounting the scope? I'm hoping not to have to rezero each time I shoot irons.

Thanks.

robert84010

Back to top Go down

Pardini SP scope holding zero question Empty Re: Pardini SP scope holding zero question

Post by zanemoseley 10/21/2018, 7:28 pm

If I had a Pardini I would be getting a Kodiak mount from KC made specidically for the Pardini. I've heard nothing but problem with the Pardini dovetails especially with the 32 cal.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Pardini SP scope holding zero question Empty Re: Pardini SP scope holding zero question

Post by JD Mahan 10/21/2018, 8:36 pm

On My SP (.22lr), I used the Pardini supplied rings, and it held zero perfectly.
I marked the frame for where the base went, and never loosened the rings on the Matchdot tube (you can do that with the Pardini rings, not with the Matchdot rings).
Never a problem, always returned to zero.

John

JD Mahan

Back to top Go down

Post by kjanracing 10/22/2018, 7:42 pm

Hi John. I’m loving that pistol. I won the sport pistol league at my range with it. Working into BE with it now.
Kurt
kjanracing
kjanracing

Back to top Go down

Post by JD Mahan 10/23/2018, 8:55 am

Hi Kurt,
Glad it's working out for you. 
And I'm loving the 625, I haven't found anything it won't shoot well.

John

JD Mahan

Back to top Go down

Pardini SP scope holding zero question Empty Rings hold zero for SP

Post by Dipnet 10/24/2018, 1:05 pm

I talked to Alex in Tampa when I bought my pistol and was told that if I initally mounted the rear ring on the red dot all the way to the rear on slide groove (where it narrows and stops), the red dot would be near or at zero when removed and remounted. This is essentially true (sometimes spot on, sometimes nearly so). I am presently using Warne steel low mount rings with the cross-slot spacer removed and the bottom of the ring feet filed flat for better fit in the narrow slide groove of the Pardini. This ring holds under the 32's recoil impulse (words I'd never thought I'd string together).

Ring designs with two screws holding the ring to the frame work better than those supplied by Pardini with a single small diameter screw for tightening ring. Another ring set I suspect will work well are Leopold rings available at MidwayUSA. It may be easier to level the red dot with the these versus the Warne rings. If I were beginning anew, I'd try the Leopold first. Dipnet
Dipnet
Dipnet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Don 10/24/2018, 6:14 pm

I don't use iron sights so I have no data on return to zero.  But I have had no issues whatsoever with ring movement on the 32 acp, and I'm using the Pardini rings with a 30mm Ultradot.
Dr.Don
Dr.Don

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyT 10/26/2018, 8:03 pm

Don Nygord used to remove a bit of metal off the bottom of a set of ADCO rings to thin the gripping surface - a very economical soluition. I used those rings on my Pardini SP in 22 nad 32.

TonyT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down