Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

indoor range construction advice needed

4 posters

Go down

indoor range construction advice needed Empty indoor range construction advice needed

Post by armouredbear Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:22 pm

hi folks,

so my club is considering renovating our pistol range. any recommendations on target carrier systems for a 50' gallery range?
armouredbear
armouredbear

Back to top Go down

indoor range construction advice needed Empty Re: indoor range construction advice needed

Post by BE Mike Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:09 pm

Caswell used to be tops, but expensive. Looks like this company bought them out: http://www.meggitttrainingsystems.com/About-Meggitt.aspx

Although expensive, I really think that these are the wave of the future:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_efTDTk9lvA&feature=relmfu

Of course ventilation should be priority #1 for any indoor range.

Last edited by BE Mike on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

indoor range construction advice needed Empty Re: indoor range construction advice needed

Post by Bigdog2 Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:12 am

My club just completed a remodel. Still don't have retrieving targets, nor did we get turning targets back, but we replaced the 60 yr old trap with a brand new 1/2" thick T-1 steel trap, refinished the floor, installed new lights, and ceiling tiles. It looks so much better and is so much safer.

Our research found that many different companies offer quite a selection of retrieving systems. When we build up our money again, we hope to go there.

I agree ventilation should be included and always improved.

Good Luck

Bigdog2

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:00 am

If you are replacing the backstop. I can highly recommend crumb rubber. It'll lay at roughly a 30 degree angle and will stop anything within six inches.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Keefer Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:10 am

BE Mike wrote:Caswell used to be tops, but expensive. Looks like this company bought them out: http://www.meggitttrainingsystems.com/About-Meggitt.aspx

Although expensive, I really think that these are the wave of the future:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_efTDTk9lvA&feature=relmfu

Of course ventilation should be priority #1 for any indoor range.

I was associated with Caswell/Meggitt/Detroit Armor for almost 15 years. I ran and maintained the indoor range facility for the Richmond City Police Dept. Richmond, Va.
Meggitt, as it was called up until I retired, was the manufacturer/installer of the computerized target system, and bullet capture system utilized by our agency. It was a 25 yard 18 position range. Many Bullseye shooters shot on that range, as we held the Va. State Indoor Championships there, yearly.. Prior to my retirement, I initiated the installation of a rubber granulated projectile entrapment backstop, built and installed by Meggitt, which all but completely eliminates the smashing of the projectiles, thereby reducing lead dust, the associated health hazards and abatement maintenance issues.
Meggitt/Caswell is one of the greatest companies I have had the pleasure of working with.. Customer service is second to NONE..!! I enjoyed nearly 24 hour phone tech advice and next day turn around for parts. With nearly an 800 officer dept. and a dozen other local, state and federal agencies that utilized that range, down time was unacceptable. Give Meggitt serious consideration, if you are contemplating the construction of an indoor range.. I can't imagine that you will ever be sorry..
Jerry
Jerry Keefer
Jerry Keefer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down