Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dardus replacement Quest

4 posters

Go down

Dardus replacement Quest Empty Dardus replacement Quest

Post by messenger Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:06 pm

Ever since Mr Dardus closed his business down I have been looking for a replacement for the 125gr SWC to use in my 38 Super. The GT 130gr LHP shot decent but I found the Missouri coated 125gr SWC slightly shot better. I have been shooting some Brazos HT 125gr Flat Tips with good results but am having occasional feeding problems. So far I have found the Missouri's are shooting pretty close to the Dardus. I won't know for sure until I am able to random rest at 50 yards.

Bill
Attachments
Dardus replacement Quest Attachment
IMG_1529.JPG You don't have permission to download attachments.(89 Kb) Downloaded 7 times
Dardus replacement Quest Attachment
IMG_1528.JPG You don't have permission to download attachments.(107 Kb) Downloaded 7 times
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Dardus replacement Quest Empty Re: Dardus replacement Quest

Post by orpheoet Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:45 pm

Ask Brazos to make them. I'd buy them too
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:18 pm

I put a word in with them early on about the Dardus 126gr replacement but Magma doesn't make the mold so they would have to go elsewhere for the molds..Noe does have one similar. In the interim, I've have some Brazos 150 gr SWC super bullets to try.. probably somewhere around 3.0 of WST for starters.
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:23 pm

jglenn21 wrote:I put a word in with them early on about the Dardus 126gr replacement but Magma doesn't make the mold so they would have to go elsewhere for the molds..Noe does have one similar. In the interim, I've have some Brazos 150 gr SWC super bullets to try.. probably somewhere around 3.0 of WST for starters.

I have tried them also. They are fine at 25 yards. I tried a 1X10 twist KKM barrel. Couldn't get anything to feed. Frustrating. Staying with the lighter bullets and the 1X16 barrel.

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by musky Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:45 pm

Have about 6000 of the Dardus 126gr that I am no longer using. Would be willing to get rid of them for what I paid for them. Indoor range by me doesn't allow lead heads. They are an extremely accurate, soft shooting bullet. I'm located in central Wi. , pick up only.

musky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down