Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brazos Bullets

+16
OHitt
Olde Pilot
WRH56
javaduke
PhotoEscape
DA/SA
r_zerr
Wobbley
chiz1180
Cmysix
james r chapman
Rodger Barthlow
CarpeXRing
djperry2
Jwhelan939
rich.tullo
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Brazos Bullets  - Page 2 Empty Brazos Bullets

Post by rich.tullo Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:39 am

First topic message reminder :

Are they still in business? 

Show no 45ACP, 9mm and 357 for sale? 

Weird
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Brazos Bullets  - Page 2 Empty Re: Brazos Bullets

Post by rich.tullo Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:04 pm

james r chapman wrote:https://www.ssusa.org/content/accuracy-of-lube-groove-vs-no-lube-groove-cast-bullets/
Interesting
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by OHitt Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:48 pm

Donnie Summers makes a Hitek coated 180 fb swc that is identical to the Brazos bullet. You will need to contact him by phone to order as they are not listed on his website. They are a 92, 6 and 2 alloy so are a little harder. They are excellent. The only downside is the Memphis post office does not like handling the 70 pound boxes seem to sit there for awhile. I just ordered and received 5200 of them.

OHitt

Fotomaniac, Olde Pilot and PhotoEscape like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:17 pm

OHitt wrote:Donnie Summers makes a Hitek coated 180 fb swc that is identical to the Brazos bullet. You will need to contact him by phone to order as they are not listed on his website. They are a 92, 6 and 2 alloy so are a little harder. They are excellent. The only downside is the Memphis post office does not like handling the 70 pound  boxes seem to sit there for awhile. I just ordered and received 5200 of them.
I will give that a try next time around. I ordered some Zero 185gn swc from Powder Valley, they had a good price and shoot nearly as good as the HPSWC on the short line. I shot Summers bullets b/f Brazos and went to Brazos b/c Summers did not have coated bullets. 

I am sure his coated bullets are fine.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

OHitt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gweber Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:14 am

I cast and hi-tek coat a 155swc NLG comes out to about 170grs with what lead mix I'm using. Shoots very well. I have gotten 2" groups at 50yds. I have casted and hi-tek coated LG bullets as well and got the same accuracy. So I'm not sure it really matters that much as long as it is a quality cast bullet and properly sized. 
GW

gweber

fc60 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:28 pm

Bayou has 10 percent off for the 4th. Of course I ordered last week. Oh well. I never used their swc, but their rdfn works great for general shooting.

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by Multiracer Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:12 pm

ACME does coated lead too.

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Thu Jul 04, 2024 6:17 am

While I haven't shot the summers 175 I do shoot his FB180 swc. I've never been disappointed in any bullet from Donnie.
jglenn21
jglenn21

Olde Pilot likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TomahawkBonk Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:12 am

Bah! I must’ve gotten just about the last 158 SWC they made then. Really like them; shame. Do have a fair amount of coated from both Acme bullets and SNS casting that I’ve put downrange for CAS and USPSA stuff. Cant really saw I’ve bullseye tested their stuff though— used some of one of the company’s LRN in revolver EIC though as its what I had loaded up and was fine for my skill level at the time. I can say 115grn coated 9mm doesnt stay super tight out of MY pistol: works great for non-bullseye though. I’ve also been having excellent luck with RMR jacketed stuff for 9mm. In my pistol their 115grn JHP “nuke” round I use for practice and I cant tell the difference from 115grn HAPs when Im actually shooting. (If I recall the HAP was slightly tighter when I sandbagged some small numbers in early spring— I should probably repeat). I shoot them at 1100fps to mimic the atlanta arms stuff. With RMR I also love how shipping is precalculated into the listed price: which is about 0.04 per round less than the HAPs.
No disclosures or relationships with anyone.

TomahawkBonk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2