Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dillon XL650 problem loading .32 ACP - Solved

2 posters

Go down

Dillon XL650 problem loading .32 ACP - Solved Empty Dillon XL650 problem loading .32 ACP - Solved

Post by beeser Fri May 22, 2015 5:10 pm

I had the following problems loading .32 ACP with my Dillon XL650.

Cases would not feed properly - sticking in drop tube and jamming
Cases would not line up with the some of the dies
Cases would jam at ejector wire

I received from Dillon today a smaller case feeder bushing, a new shellplate and ejector wire.  The smaller case feeder bushing is from their .380 conversion kit which is white in color and sticks down further into the aluminum holder leaving less of a gap with the lower bushing.  Everything seems to be working fine now.  Thought I would post the problem and solution in one post in case anyone else encounters the same thing.

beeser

Back to top Go down

Dillon XL650 problem loading .32 ACP - Solved Empty Re: Dillon XL650 problem loading .32 ACP - Solved

Post by carykiteboarder Fri May 22, 2015 7:23 pm

Beeser,
Thanks for the follow-up.  I'm very interested so I hope you won't mind if I ask for even more detail.
Were the shell plate and ejector wire defective or did Dillon provide different parts than those from a ".32 ACP conversion kit"? If they are different parts, can you provide part numbers? (Or some other way to unambiguously identify what is needed if I were to talk to someone at Dillon.)
carykiteboarder
carykiteboarder

Back to top Go down

Dillon XL650 problem loading .32 ACP - Solved Empty Re: Dillon XL650 problem loading .32 ACP - Solved

Post by beeser Fri May 22, 2015 7:52 pm

carykiteboarder wrote:Beeser,
Thanks for the follow-up.  I'm very interested so I hope you won't mind if I ask for even more detail.
Were the shell plate and ejector wire defective or did Dillon provide different parts than those from a ".32 ACP conversion kit"? If they are different parts, can you provide part numbers? (Or some other way to unambiguously identify what is needed if I were to talk to someone at Dillon.)
The shellplate and ejector wire were defective and replaced under warranty.  Actually, I had to pay for the shellplate but the money will be refunded when the defective one is returned.  The ejector wire was only a problem when loading .32 ACP.  I didn't have a problem with it when loading 9mm or .38 special.  I noticed that the new ejector wire sits a little closer to the shellplate than the old one.  As for the case feed bushing or adaptor as Dillon calls it, this is entirely different than what is included in the conversion kit.  The white adaptor is for .380 and is Dillon Part #11573.  This is the adaptor that should be included with the conversion kit in my opinion.  The lower, smaller green bushing remains the same.  Dillon doesn't sell many of the .32 ACP conversion kits and according to one of their techs, it shouldn't have been offered with the 650.  I take that to mean they didn't spend much time vetting any potential problems.  Regardless, I think everything works now.

beeser

Back to top Go down

Post by beeser Mon May 25, 2015 10:37 am

Update
I loaded another 40 rounds of .32 ACP yesterday and didn't experience any problems.  So, I'm fairly confident in saying that the fixes mentioned above solved the problems mentioned at the top of this post.

beeser

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down