Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliant Bullseye seems to be gone. Any suggestions on what to try next?

+18
243winxb
Tallthinliar
jglenn21
messenger
S148
Zippy
fc60
BE Mike
14S&W
Texasref
troystaten
Allen Barnett
Wobbley
Multiracer
chiz1180
james r chapman
Rush223
Sunil P Verma
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Alliant Bullseye seems to be gone.  Any suggestions on what to try next? - Page 2 Empty Alliant Bullseye seems to be gone. Any suggestions on what to try next?

Post by Sunil P Verma 9/1/2024, 16:21

First topic message reminder :

I am finally out of my supply of Bullseye powder.  I am loading 45ACP with Zero 185 gr LSWCHP and 185 gr JHP bullets primarily.   I also load for Distinguished Revolver 38 spl 158 gr SWC Zero bullets also.  I also load some 200 gr RN bullets for the occasional steel match but super accuracy is not an issue.

It seems like Titegroup, WST, W231, and N310 are the most readily available powders.   I am leaning toward buying 8 lbs of the Titegroup as it appears in old posts that it is roughly equivalent to Bullseye.  There also seem to be a lot of pet loads with WST powder but I don't know anyone who uses it personally.

Any input on the WST, W231, and N310 powders for Bullseye.  I've also seen recommendations for Clays but it does not seem to be available at this time.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Sunil P Verma on 9/1/2024, 17:28; edited 2 times in total

Sunil P Verma

Back to top Go down

Alliant Bullseye seems to be gone.  Any suggestions on what to try next? - Page 2 Empty Re: Alliant Bullseye seems to be gone. Any suggestions on what to try next?

Post by Scota4570 9/30/2024, 14:19

Need to decide on a purchase.  45 ACP target loads, 185 gr cast and Jacketed, 38 special 148 gr wadcutters.

HP38/ 231?,  or Tight Group?     Both are available now.  

Scota4570

Back to top Go down

Alliant Bullseye seems to be gone.  Any suggestions on what to try next? - Page 2 Empty Re: Alliant Bullseye seems to be gone. Any suggestions on what to try next?

Post by Wobbley 9/30/2024, 19:05

Either, but get an 8 ponder so you have consistent zeros.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ 9/30/2024, 21:02

I've used a lot of WSTfor 45 acp. I picked it way back because it's bulky so easier to notice a double charge, meters nicely, and was supposed to be clean. It is clean but leaves me with unburned flakes. Weird and no matter the charge weight, crimp or bullet.

Haven't tried loading 38 spcl with it.

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by troystaten 9/30/2024, 21:35

While Bullseye has been my go to powder in the past for 45 and 38 bullseye loads when it is not available I have used a lot of HP-38/W231 and have been pleased with the results.

troystaten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2